Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Top 10 Bookish (that are not books) Things I'd Like to Own



Today's Top Ten Tuesday from The Broke and the Bookish isn't technically about books.  It's about book related stuff.  I'm indulging my love of book related things with this list and making my dream office/reading room which will occur when I have a few empty bedrooms around here!

1.  A secret room hidden behind a bookcase - okay I probably won't have this one but if I was building a dream house it would be there!

2.
This photo of Agatha Christie surrounded by her books - framed


3.  This sweatshirt from Out of Print sold on Modcloth


4.  This ordinary looking copy of Nancy Drew is actually a hollowed out book safe!  I found it on etsy from SecretSafe Books and they have tons of options.  I'm partial to Nancy Drew but I love the Alice in Wonderland as well.

5.  I adore this mug from LennyMud on Etsy especially since I enjoy having a cup of tea with my book

6.  Words can't describe how much I want this candle from Frostbeard on Etsy.  They have other scents like Old Books and Book Cellar as well as book inspired scents like The Shire, Trashy Romance Novel and Don't Panic (Fresh Towel Scent).  They also have non-book but still awesome inspired scents like Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey and Exterminate!.  Seriously I want one of each.

7.  It's a blanket with books on it!  It's also on sale at CafePress right now but I shall be strong.  They also have one that has what looks like a typed page of The Raven but I watched the first season (and the second but we're not talking about that) of The Following so I'm not going there.

8.  This reading chair or something like it.  I like ottomans.  I have a comfortable chair I use for reading now but when I sit kind of sideways and put my legs over the arm they eventually fall asleep.

9.  This disappearing TARDIS bookmark which actually came from this pattern.  Though first I'd have to learn how to sew.

10.  A cat who actually sits on my lap while I read.  I'm not a big cat lover but this would be nice.






13 comments:

  1. Those book scented candles look awesome! And who truthfully doesn't want a secret room hidden behind bookshelves;) Love this list. Check out My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I want all the candles - it's a problem! If I was ever to build a house it would most definitely have a secret room. As it is I'm trying to configure my current one to have one!

      Delete
  2. I want a cat so bad, maybe it's a booklover thing. I totally dig that TARDIS bookmark and I've been eyeing that Gatsby sweatshirt for forever! Great list :D (And I really love your blog title!)

    Megan @ Bookworm in Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have 2 cats and neither of them are lapsitters so you have to be careful! One of these days I'm going to have to break down and buy the Gatsby sweatshirt before it's gone.

      Delete
  3. I would like a cat that will sit on my lap when I read, too. We have two and neither of them are much for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. It's very annoying. One will sometimes lie by your feet but only if it's cold. The other doesn't even like to be in the same room with people. She was my mother-in-law's that we took after she died and I suspect the cat was a stray who'd gone wild.

      Delete
  4. I so want a secret room! Wouldn't that be the perfect place to read?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Of course I'd never leave it which would seriously put a damper on me actually getting things done but it would be fun!

      Delete
  5. Love #4. Nancy Drew books were always my favorite growing up. Hollowed out books are a fairly easy DIY project. I usually use mine as a jewelry box :)
    Shaina
    www.tyndale.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a huge Nancy Drew fan too. Probably my first experience with binge reading! I'm planning on trying out the hollowed book project at some point. Glad to know you didn't find it too challenging as DIY definitely isn't my middle name!

      Delete
  6. Great list, Katherine!

    I want a hidden room too! That would be so cool. I will likely never have one either. We can dream though, can't we?

    I want that blanket too! And the chair with the ottoman. It sounds like you and I have similar reading positions. :-)

    I do have the cat who sits on my lap while I read--two, in fact. Sometimes both at the same time. And a 3 year old girl. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've promised myself that when the older kids move out one of their rooms will be my reading room to console myself to the lack of a secret room. I'm pretty sure that if you build a house and it does not feature a hidden door, passage or room you're doing something very wrong! Glad to know I'm not the only person who can't sit in a chair correctly while reading! I envy your lap cats. Though I do expect 2 would get a little cramped and I don't imagine it's very peaceful reading with a 3 year old!

      Delete
    2. Peaceful it is not! You should see all the poses I have to resort to if she is sitting on my lap and I'm trying to read. LOL She can't sit still for the life of her.

      And usually with the cats, when they both decide to lay on me, one takes the chest and the other my lap.

      Delete