Sunday, April 20, 2014

Sunday Showcase

Once again I'm linking up with Vicky at Books, Biscuits and Tea to list out what I got bookwise this week.  It's been another quiet week in the book acquiring line but that's not always a bad thing!  I've been getting caught up a little on my reading and am feeling less like I'm drowning in books.  When I start having daydreams involving building forts out of books and sitting in it reading it's probably a sign to stop buying books!

So here we go:

Real Books


Dancing with the Virgins by Stephen Booth - I've never read any of his before but when I came across the series it definitely looked like my kind of book.  A British police procedural with connections to an ancient monument.  I'm hoping it will prove to be as promising as the summary suggests

The Affair of the Blood Stained Egg Cosy by James Anderson - I have no memory of picking this one so I was a bit surprised when it showed up in the mail.  In involves a house party at a country house in the 1930s so I'm looking forward to it even though I don't remember choosing it!





E-ARCs


The Scandalous Adventures of the Sister of the Bride by Victoria Alexander -
I've read tons of Alexander books but I kind of gave up on her about 12 books into the Effington series.  I couldn't keep track of them even with the family tree and every character from every previous book was making cameo appearances.  It just got to be too much.  This is a new series (or at least a non-Effington series) so I'm hoping it will be a fun read.

Half Moon Harbor by Donna Kauffman - I've never read any of her work before but basically if you put a landscape on the front cover I'm in.  Also it's got an Irish main character so how could I resist?






No comments:

Post a Comment