Friday, March 7, 2014

This Week in Reading

What I Read:


I really want to like this series but it just keeps disappointing me.  I had high hopes for this one but the first half was frankly boring.  It improved in the second half but I was still annoyed.  I have the third one so I'll read that but unless it's tons better that will be the last Elliott I'm getting for awhile.







Normally Roberts' books that are set in Ireland are my absolute favorite but this had much more of a been there done that feel.  I'm hoping the next 2 books in the series are stronger.





What I'm Reading:



Almost done but not quite.  This is one of her best and I'm really enjoying it.  I need to get some serious reading done if I have any hope of getting all the Agatha's read by the end of the year.







Almost done with this as well.  So good!  I love the fact that kids really seem like regular 15/16 year old kids without making them look silly or overly mature.  









Just started this one.  I read the first one in the series ages ago and since then haven't picked up another one even though I've accumulated at least 3 more in the series.  I love her library series and I love cupcakes so I'm hoping I enjoy this one as well.




What's Been Distracting Me:

I don't even know.  It's just not been a good week for reading.  I don't think it helps that I wasn't really drawn in by the Roberts' book so I wasn't feeling the need to pick it up every second where I wasn't doing something else.   I'm starting to get a little panicky about all the books I have waiting for me though.  I'm starting to think that all the Agatha's in 1 year may be pushing it.

2 comments:

  1. haha. I can't even seem to do all the Montgomery's in one year. I haven't read one since January! I feel about panicky about the books waiting for me all the time. I think I take on too much..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel exactly the same way! Glad I'm not the only one. You'll get the Montgomery's done!

      Delete