Thursday, March 6, 2014

Dark Witch - Review

Dark Witch by Nora Roberts

Rating:  3 Stars

Description:  Iona Sheehan came to Ireland looking for her place.  She finds her 2 cousins Branna and Connor O'Dwyer.  She also finds stable owner Boyle McGrath as well as a long history that she wasn't aware of.  Now she must learn who she really is and reconcile her feelings for Boyle.

Genre:  Romance

My Impression:  I really wanted to like this.  I really really did.  I got a little nervous when Lisa at Books, Lists, Life didn't like it but I persevered after all our tastes don't always line up.  Unfortunately, on this one they did.  I didn't dislike it.  The story was fine, the characters were interesting, the setting was beautiful but it definitely wasn't anything special.  Roberts has tackled all these subjects before and done it better before.  You want witchcraft?  Try the Key series or the Three Sisters.  Want Ireland?  Try Three Fates (which is one of my favorites) or the Gallaghers of Ardmore. The romance had the feel of a romance from Roberts' early years with the guy being a jerk for a large portion of the book and the woman sighing about how hot he is.  It's still a Roberts' book so it's a fun read but definitely not one of her best.  Branna and Connor are interesting so I have hope for their books.

Would I Read More of this Series/Author?: Yes to both

Would I Recommend this Book?:  Not really.  There are too many good Roberts' books out there so no point in wasting your time with this one.

This book counts as part of the Take Control of Your TBR Challenge hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer

No comments:

Post a Comment