Friday, February 14, 2014

This Week in Reading

Between the snow and the Olympics I didn't get much reading done this week!

What I Read:


  Cider Brook by Carla Neggers (Review)
This was a new author for me and I enjoyed it pretty well.  I liked how she developed characters and the series has lots of potential.  Not as much of a community feel as I've found in Mariah Stewart's Chesapeake Diaries, Susan Mallery's Fool's Gold or Jill Shalvis' Lucky Harbor.  It definitely walks the line between Romance and Women's Fiction.

And that's it.  It makes me sad.


What I'm Reading:


The Secret of Chimney's by Agatha Christie - I'm almost done with this one which is good because I need to pick up the pace on the Agathas or I'm never going to finish.

Home to Seaview Key by Sherryl Woods - about 10% in and so far so good.  This is another one that is light romance/women's fiction.  It's about somewhat older people which is a little different to me as most contemporary romance features people my age (early 30s) or younger.  These characters are in their 40s or 50s.

Disengaged by Beth Orsoff - Just started this one.  It's for book club and looks to be a lightweight fun read.

Four Winds Farm by Mrs. (Mary Louisa) Molesworth - this is a children's story that was mentioned in an Agatha Christie book.  It was published in the late 19th century and so far has been interesting.  Definitely has a bit of a fairy tale feel to it.


What I'm Distracted By:

With school being closed for 3 days and everybody's schedule being off I've been distracted by pretty much everything.  We've been watching some of the Olympics and staying up too late which cuts into my night time reading.  Also, I'm just tired.  All this grey and rain and cold is making me sleepy!




2 comments:

  1. Yeah, this type of weather zaps my energy, too. It's very grey outside right now as we get ready for another storm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope all the storms are harmless! I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets drained with all the grey.

      Delete