Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas on 4th Street - Review

Christmas on 4th Street by Susan Mallery

Rating: 4 Stars

Description:  After surviving personal tragedy Noelle has come to Fool's Gold to start over.  She's opened her store The Christmas Attic and found friends and a community.  Gabriel has come to Fool's Gold to stay with his brother after an injury left Gabriel unable to work.  He's not looking forward to spending time with his somewhat estranged family so he when he hears Noelle is looking for help at the store he takes the job.  The usual romance story stuff follows

Genre:  Romance

My Impression:  My history with the Fool's Gold series is a little sketchy.  I liked the 1st book, only made it through 20 pages of book #2, liked books #3 and #4 with some pretty heavy reservations.  So when I saw this book on the new release shelf in the library I picked it up not quite knowing what to expect.  The story sounded interesting and Lisa had made it sound pretty good.  Also, I've always liked Mallery's writing style.  To my relief I thoroughly enjoyed this book.  The story was sweet and I loved the main characters.  Noelle was tough and strong and very straightforward.  I loved how she dealt with Gabriel's withdrawing.  There were no games she just laid her opinion out on the table and was true to her feelings.  Fiona was a fun side character though I have very little interest in reading her story.  The part where they got snowed in with all the cats was pretty contrived but I did think the cat aspect was pretty funny.  I also enjoyed the side relationship between Gabriel and his parents.  This book provided good characters, a lovely setting and an entertaining plot.  What's not to love?

Would I Read More of this Series/Author?: Yes but I'm still going to be cautious about the Fool's Gold series

Would I Recommend this Book?:  Yes

No comments:

Post a Comment