Friday, December 6, 2013

Book, Line and Sinker by Jenn McKinlay - Review


Book, Line and Sinker by Jenn McKinlay

Rating: 4 Stars

Description:  In this 3rd entry in McKinlay's library series treasure hunters have come to Briar Creek, Connecticut.  The town is divided between wanting the jobs and tourists that unearthing pirate treasure could provide and wanting to maintain the pristine environment on the surrounding islands.  When the Tourism Director and driving force in getting the treasure hunters to come to Briar Creek is found dead suspicion is everywhere.  Lindsey Norris, the local librarian, has enough on her hands with all this chaos plus regular library business when her ex-fiance shows up in town to try and get back together.

Genre: Mystery

My Impression:  I love this series and this book was as enjoyable as could be expected.  This is in the cozy mystery genre so there are some plot holes and the ending was a little rushed.  One thing I like is that Lindsey is neither completely perfect or the expert on everything but also isn't so hung up on flaws or issues she can't see anything else which so often happens in this type of book.  I didn't love the ending with Sully but I suspect it will all get worked out in the next book.

Would I Read More of this Series/Author?: Yes.  I'm on the waiting list for the next book in this series and I have most of her cupcake series waiting for me.

Would I Recommend this Book?:  Yes

No comments:

Post a Comment