Friday, September 20, 2013

Miss Silver Comes to Stay by Patricia Wentworth - Review


Miss Silver Comes to Stay by Patricia Wentworth

Rating: 4 Stars

Description:  Shortly after his arrival back home after 20 years James Lessiter is found murdered.  The list of suspects is huge - the former fiance who is now the sole heir to his fortune, the widow who he is threatening to evict and prosecute for theft, the abandoned husband whose wife ran off with Lessiter years before, and the housekeeper with her criminal son.  Luckily, Miss Silver happens to be staying with a friend in the area and manages to get things under control.

Genre: Mystery

My Impression:  The Miss Silver series is one of my very favorite mystery series and this entry is no exception.  After reading a British mystery I truly disliked I had to go back to my favorites.  While the series is pretty light weight - lighter than Christie even - the mystery is always well done and the characters (with the general exception of the victim) are always likable.  This isn't my absolute favorite of the series but it's still a fun and satisfying read.

Would I Read More of this Series/Author?: Definitely

Would I Recommend this Book?:  I would definitely recommend this author but maybe not this exact book to start off with.

No comments:

Post a Comment